Thursday, December 30, 2010

Our Yard

Daddy had rabbits in a pen in our back yard. I was never sure if they were supposed to be pets or food. I am pretty sure we did eat them. However, we also played with them.

My father had a really nice backyard made for us by having the area at the point of walking out of or basement to be flat. This is where our games of Croquet were played; my sister Pam's swimming pool was placed there. Pam says she remembers Croquet balls ending up in her swimming pool. On the flat area was installed our clothesline. I can remember taking down many a frozen diaper from the line in the winter.

Daddy had the next part of the yard terraced. Where he planted many varieties of flowers. The beauty of Tiger lilies, Iris and Lily of the valley are visions in my head as I type this. Other visions come to mind about Tulips, Azaleas and a beautiful Mamosa tree in full bloom with pink feathery flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment