Monday, May 30, 2011

ON TO THE FUTURE

I have enjoyed writing my story; and as I have been creating the words in my mind to place upon the paper, so many memories have made me smile. I have especially enjoyed the stories told about the antics of my sisters.

My sisters and I are married now with children, grandchildren and Lynn has great grandchildren. Each of us has a story to tell and maybe they will write theirs.

Our parents were divorced after I graduated from high school in 1961. There was a better life for our mother after that when she married again in February of 1962.

My father died fairly young at the age of 54 and one day before his 55th birthday due to the health complication of the disease of alcoholism.

Mother passed away in March, 2008 at the age of 87, one month shy of her 88th birthday. She lived to see all her grandchildren and most of her great grandchildren.

Michele, Lynn, her daughter Laurie, along with her children, my daughter, Julie, her children, Christopher and Amber, husband Philip, my husband, Stewart and I live in the state of Florida and our youngest sister Pam lives in Texas.

Our grandson, Christopher, went into the Air Force in Feb., 2009. He graduated from boot camp in April and began attending Tech School training. Christopher is now stationed in England for two years.
His sister, Amber, graduated from high school in June, 2009. Amber went to school and is now a certified Medical Assistant.

We see each other mostly by meeting in Orlando, FL in the company of either Mickey Mouse or Shamu.

I am 67 years old and sometimes I sit and wonder where did all the years go. I wanted to write my story so my family could share in my memories.

We were a dysfunctional family and we are all survivors!

No comments:

Post a Comment